Getting Back in Shape

 

Image by Daniel Reche from Pexels.com
Image by Daniel Reche from Pexels.com

During shelter in place, I have decided to take up running to get back in shape, as I felt that I was not having enough exercises. Moreover, I am losing muscles as I am aging. I am not a gym rat, and running was the better option for me.

I started jogging (pacing greater than 10 minutes per mile) in July, and I was doing it about 5-6 days per week. After 2 months, it is part of my morning routine, I usually started before 6:30 am (before the summer's sun came out). I started with 1 mile jog, and gradually I was jogging 3 miles. My friends suggested to track my progress with a mobile application, and I did it in September. Here is my first entry in the app.


After two week, my pace has improved, and I was still jogging because I was unable to go faster than 10 minutes per mile.


In the month of September and October, I was running almost 6 days a week. And, I did a 10K run accidentally because I took a wrong turn, and forgot how long I was running.


I managed to go under 10 minutes per mile this month constantly (after 4 over months of jogging).


My personal best for 3 miles is 9:07


This week, I have made 2 attempts for the 10K run, and I am happy with the result.



On top of running, I am also watching my diet. I try to have less sugar in my meals and reduce my food intakes. The result is that I have reduced my waist size by 3.5 inches.

I have not exercised regularly for over 20 years, and this pandemic has enabled me to do it. I hope that I can maintain this when things are back to normal.


 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OpenAI: Functions Feature in 2023-07-01-preview API version

Storing embedding in Azure Database for PostgreSQL

Happy New Year, 2024 from DALL-E